Ref.: R&I-Scientist 10-2011
With over 24 years in business, more than 40 full time employees and with past projects in more than 50 countries, GEOSYS leads the agricultural information and decision support business. GEOSYS mission is to help agribusinesses and agricultural professionals make better decisions using the latest research in agronomy, information and geographic technologies that include remote sensing. GEOSYS helps its customers make sustainable unbiased decisions that are built on sound economics, agronomics and environmental science thanks to their commitment to delivering the best quality information and easy-to-use web based decision support tools. GEOSYS portfolio of services ranges from worldwide crop condition monitoring (AgriQuestTM), to agronomic and precision farming decision support tools for large farm operations and crop consultants (FarmSatTM).
GEOSYS is seeking a research scientist for its Research and Innovation department, to help design new products, improve existing ones, and develop its skills. He will report to the research manager. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to study and test remote sensing solutions to satisfy future customer needs and/or marketing goals, The scientist will be involved in building prototypes and writing specifications for the products to be built.
- Phd in remote sensing applied to vegetation observation.
- 5 years of practical experience after Phd
- Fluent in English
- Rigorous, excellent team working skills and abilities to communicate
- Motivation to work in a very dynamic environment, an industrial context, and with high expectation from ag customers
- Capacity to initiate and communicate on innovation to the team
- Proficiency in use of Matlab and ArcGis will be an asset
- Based in Toulouse, France
- Permanent contract starting ASAP
- Salary negotiable
Please, send Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter, publication list with link to documents if available to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be highly appreciated.