W3 - Professorship in Landscape Ecology and Site Evaluation
- To develop a research programme on processes and functions in agriculturally used landscapes and relevant interactions with adjoining ecosystems under the impact of climate changes and changes in land use.
- A research focus on semiterrestrial and terrestrial ecosystems of the northern hemisphere and particular expertise in one or more of the following topics are highly appreciated
- Vegetation Ecology / Biodiversity at the spatial scale of the landscape;
- Analysis and prognosis of biotic and/or abiotic components and process using experimental and spatial modelling approaches, e.g. to investigate greenhouse gasses;
- Analysis, evaluation and management of site potentials in landscapes that were formed during the Pleistocene/Holocene.
- Active participation in the multidisciplinary research clsuters of the University of Rostock "Maritime systems" and/or the Leibniz ScienceCampus "Phosphorusresearch Rostock".
- Academic teaching in the Bachelor and Master programs of the Faculty. The broad range of classes is to be organised individually or in cooperation; it actually involves Landscape Ecology, contributions to Pedology/Site evaluation field classes, Wetland soils: use and protection; Monitoring and Analysis of Ecosystem functions.
- Active participation in Faculty boards and committees.
- An university degree and a doctoral degree above average in an agricultural, biological or geoscientific field of science;
- Habilitation or equivalent scientific achievements and qualifications;
- Experience in the acquisition of funds for research and expertise in one or more of the above research areas proven by international publications;
- Expertise in academic teaching and tutoring of students involving to actively support the students in their personnel developments and capacities for teamwork;
- Willingness to multidisciplinary cooperation in academic teaching and research.