Four postdoctoral positions in epidemiological modeling and network analysis
Four postdoctoral positions are available at INRA (National Institute for Agricultural Research) jointly shared by the labs BioEpAR (Biology, epidemiology and risk analysis in animal health, Nantes, France; http://www.nantes.inra.fr/bioepar/) and MaIAGE (Applied mathematics and computer science from genomes to the environment, Jouy-en-Josas, France; http://maiage.jouy.inra.fr). These four projects focus on the multiscale modelling of pathogen spread and control in livestock populations, from the within-host immune response to infection to pathogen spread at a regional scale (http://www.inra.fr/mihmes/).
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) spread in a heterogeneous metapopulation of cattle (located in Nantes; contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details please see: http://www.inra.fr/mihmes/jobs). Position already funded for 18 months, possible extension to 24 months (application for funding under evaluation).
- Epidemio-genetic modelling to control the spread of paratuberculosis in a metapopulation of cattle herds (located in Nantes; contact: email@example.com for more detail please see: http://www.inra.fr/mihmes/jobs). Position funded for 18 months.
- Analysis of dynamical networks of cattle movements regarding the spread of infectious diseases and their control (located in Jouy-en-Josas; contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more detail please see: tp://www.inra.fr/mihmes/jobs). Position already funded for 18 months, possible extension to 24 or 36 months (application for funding under evaluation).
- Immuno-epidemiological modelling: from the immune response to infection to the pathogen spread in a population (located in Nantes and Sophia-Antipolis; contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Position funded for 18 months.
You should have a PhD in applied mathematics, physics, mathematical biology, computer or computational science, or in ecology or epidemiology, with experience in modelling complex systems and analyzing biological data. Significant computational/programming skills (C/C++, Perl/Python) are required. You should be interested in infectious diseases, epidemiology or ecology and have a taste for interdisciplinary research. You should demonstrate strong organizational and written/oral communication skills and be highly motivated towards scientific research.
*Information about the labs and research facilities*
You will be part of teams MODEC in the BioEpAR laboratory and Dynenvie in the MaIAGE laboratory. You will benefit from a rich scientific environment and will be able to interact with experts in various fields such as epidemiological modelling, epidemiology and animal health economics at BioEpAR, and dynamical systems, stochastic processes, statistics, modelling at MaIAGE. You will have access to all data, computing resources and calculation servers needed to complete the project successfully.
*Basic gross salary*:
2500€/month (possibility to apply for additional fellowship to Agreenskills, www.agreenskills.eu to have a total salary of 3500 to 4200€/month).
*How to apply*
Please send to email@example.com
- a curriculum vitae
- a cover letter expressing your research experiences and interests, and to which position(s) you apply
- names and contact details of two references.
The positions are currently available, with flexible starting dates during the 1st semester 2015. Review of applications starts immediately and will stop as soon as the positions will be fulfilled.