Job Offer Entomologist – Avia-GIS www.avia-gis.com
We are looking for two new passionate and inquisitive team members with a strong interest in entomology or vector control and eagerness to continuously grow to build a strong profile. The ideal candidates are looking for a fulfilling career as Technical Support Representatives within a dynamic and growing industry as part of a high-tech team.
He/she enjoys interacting with the public, giving hands-on information and product demonstrations, and implementing outreach projects. You like to travel and you are willing to spend long periods abroad, whilst having your home-base close to the head office in Belgium. You are proud to represent the company and the products and services we offer to the market. You have the ambition to evolve and to make the difference for our customers. You are able to work independently and in a team environment.
Avia-GIS is a top company specialising in collecting, managing and analysing spatial and field information as a basis for developing information systems applied to animal and public health. Our Precision Pest Management Unit is commercializing products and services to monitor and control vectors and the diseases they transmit. We value progressive thinking, innovative ideas, a collaborative work ethic, enthusiasm for learning, and a positive attitude in a high-paced work environment.
• Set up, organize and implement efficient vector monitoring and control activities.
• Evaluate vector status.
• Become proficient in identifying insect and other vectors.
• Perform a variety of field and laboratory analysis and control techniques.
• Explain technical information to clients and the public.
• Develop training/teaching materials.
• Interpret and enforce laws and regulations relating to vector and pest control.
• Establish effective working relationships with staff and the public.
• Prepare clear and concise technical reports for lay and professional readers.
• Report back to the office manager on a regular basis.
• Travel frequently for periods of weeks or months to visit international customers.
• You have preferably knowledge and experience in the vector-control market (technologies, players, ...) and you have a creative and problemsolving mind.
• You are self-motivated and result-oriented.
• You are persevered and able to work in different circumstances.
• You are communicative and good in making (new) contacts. You manage your relations network.
• You have preferably a university degree (e.g. Masters or Bachelors in Entomology, or related field) or equivalent by experience and have technical credibility.
• You are flexible and have a commercial attitude with strong management and teamwork skills.
• You speak and write fluently in English and master French, knowledge of other languages is a plus.
• A full time position.
• An international and high-technological environment.
• Working within a highly motivated team.
• A unique challenge to further expand your skills and network in the fascinating world of vector control.
• Attractive salary and extra-legal benefits.
Application Procedure: Individuals wishing to apply should submit a motivation letter and curriculum vitae by e-mail to:
• Els Ducheyne: email@example.com, and
• Veerle Versteirt: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. The first round of interviews will commence on December 3rd, 2015. Based on available information pre-selected candidates will be contacted by Skype. Final candidates will be requested to come to the headquarters of the Company in Zoersel, Belgium, for a face-to-face interview. Please direct questions by e-mail to Els Ducheyne or Veerle Versteirt.