13 positions are available, divided between Marseille, Montpellier, Nice, Nîmes
The University Hospital Institute called « Méditerranée Infection », situated in Marseille, Nice, Nimes and Montpellier (France) opened 13 PhD positions (3 years) from the fall of 2013. The field of research focuses on infectious diseases and tropical medicine. We welcome people of developing countries.
Here is the list of suggested topics, interested persons must submit their application to the project contacts.
1. Staphylococcus Aureus And Diabetic Foot Ulcers : Colonization/Infection Concept.
2. Cosignaling molecules: regulation of VG9VD2 T cell functions and infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis.
3. SARS RNA synthesis and Processing Activities.
4. Study by metagenomics and culturomique approaches to viral and bacterial flora of diabetic foot infection.
5. Genetic factors influencing Brucella multiplication in human trophoblasts.
6. Evolutionary mechanisms related to synonymous mutations and modulation of virulence in RNA viruses.
7. Arenaviridae capping mechanism and evasion against the innate immunity antiviral response.
8. PCR-based and culture-based detection of archaea in brain abscesses.
9. Phenotypic and genomic analysis of carriage of multidrug resistant bacteria in travelers.
10. Implementation tools real-time monitoring of infections in the PACA region.
11. Insight on An. gambiae cuticular resistance, from phenotype to proteins function.
12. Genome assembly from metagenomic studies.